Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Palestinian journalist and human rights activist was arrested and physically assaulted by Israeli Occupation Forces



In "Israel", if you are Palestinian, you may be arrested, assaulted, humiliated and tortured by MISTAKE... You know... It happens!
Ahmad Sub Laban, a Palestinian journalist and human rights activist from Jerusalem, was arrested and physically assaulted by Israeli Occupation Forces last Friday 24th of October. Ahmad, 35 years old, father to two children and resident of the Old City of Jerusalem left his house on Friday night going to the nearby grocery to buy milk and document the clashes taking place in the Old City as he is the field researcher for a human rights NGO.
Ahmad said: “I saw a boy running from three soldiers that were chasing him. They grabbed the boy and started to beat him. I wanted to take pictures but I feared they will attack me too. I decided to go back home, however I know I shouldn’t run away but stand in my place so the soldiers will understand I am not part of the clashes taking place. Nevertheless, three soldiers grabbed me and accused me of throwing stones. I tried to explain that I am a journalist but they started beating me up. One of them grabbed my neck and choked me. They then took me to the police station. With me were two teenagers aged 17 and 20. They kept beating us all the way to the police station including beating us with the butts of their M-16 rifles.”
He continue: “In the police station, they sat me on a chair and started to beat me again. They asked me: ‘who threw stones?’ I tried to explain to them that I work with Ir Amim, an Israeli human rights NGO, but they continued to beat me. They were four border control police and one policeman who started laughing. Ten minutes later, another policeman arrived and asked them to take us outside where they continued to beat us. I decided to shut up as I realized nothing I say will help and they will beat me even more if I say anything. The worst part is that we didn’t have the right to say a single word, because if you speak, you would be beaten. You feel like a child.”
“An hour later, an officer came in and I hear that he had an argument with the policemen who arrested us. He told them that we did nothing. Nevertheless, an hour and a half later we were taken to Al-Kishleh Police Station. We were detained there while being handcuffed. The 17 year old boy was kicked between his legs and he had to go to the toilet several times, maybe around 15 times. At 5.30 Am, an investigator went in and ordered the policemen to take the handcuffs off my hands. He then told me: ‘Listen, we are sorry, we arrested you by mistake!’”
The most painful part was when my two year old son asked me: “Dad, did the Jews arrest you?” He had heard me shouting downstairs from the window when they arrested me and see the blood. I try to raise my children away from this conflict, but every time the practices of the Israeli authorities puts them in the middle of it.”
Israeli police later released a statement that three men were arrested and were released later after checking the security cameras which proved that they were not involved in throwing stones. The police did not comment on the aggression and assaults on those who were arrested.

Source : http://blogs.haaretz.co.il/nirhasson/

Related :
http://stateofblood.blogspot.com/2014/10/soldiers-kidnap-palestinian-researcher.html

See More at :

http://stateofblood.blogspot.com/2014/10/israeli-soldiers-blindfold-and-detain.html\

http://stateofblood.blogspot.com/2014/08/gaza-massacre-2014.html

http://stateofblood.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment